The ChromoTek SNAP/CLIP-tag®-Trap is an affinity resin for immunoprecipitation of SNAP-tag and CLIP-tag fusion proteins.
It comprises an anti-SNAP-tag and CLIP-tag Nanobody/ VHH conjugated to beads.
SNAP-tag and CLIP-tag
Immunoprecipitation (IP) / Co-IP
Mass spectrometry (MS)
On-bead enzyme assays
ChIP / RIP analysis
anti-SNAP/CLIP-tag VHH, SNAP/CLIP-tag binding protein, SNAP/CLIP-tag Nanobody, or anti- SNAP/CLIP-tag single domain antibody fragment (sdAb)
Benefit from SNAP/CLIP-tag®-Trap for Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- SNAP/CLIP-tag-Trap immunoprecipitates SNAP-tag- and Clip-tag- fusion proteins, no matter if covalently bound to ligands or not
- Bound SNAP-tag- and Clip-tag- fusion proteins can be eluted without protease: No need for a protease cleavage site
- SNAP/CLIP-tag-Trap can be used for affinity purification
- Recombinant, validated VHH
Format/matrices & properties
Extraordinary stable & reliable binding
- Dissociation constant KD of 1 nM
- Compatible to the following wash conditions: 4 M urea, 2 M NaCl, 10 mM DTT, 2 % Nonidet P40 Substitute, 1 % Triton X-100
- Applications validated and characterized
SNAP/CLIP-tag®-Trap recognizes SNAP-tag & CLIP-tag fusion proteins that are already bound to benzylguanine and benzylcytosine derivatives.
About SNAP-tag and CLIP-tag
SNAP- and the CLIP-tag are mutants of the human DNA repair protein O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (hAGT) and are designed to form covalent bonds with with benzylguanine and benzylcytosine derivatives.
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!