Technical Sales Manager [Life Sciences Research Reagents] – West Coast USA (m/f)
The Technical Sales Manager- West Coast is responsible to drive sales and develop territory. S/He meets customers on a regular basis and positions ChromoTek’s unique “Nanobody” based research products. This is a field-based position with a focus on academic, government and industrial life science organizations. Territory: California and Texas as primary focus, plus WA (Seattle), OR (Portland) and AZ (Tucson); reports to the VP, Sales & Marketing, who is based at ChromoTek GmbH in Munich, Germany.
- Accelerates sales growth within territory to achieve and exceed company objectives and revenue goals
- Develops new accounts and expands customer base. Qualifies existing opportunities and generates leads
- Works with research laboratories to provide research solutions
- Conducts “white coat sales” and delivers product and applications presentations
- Identifies and profiles key accounts while demonstrating the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers and KOLs
- Effectively communicates customers’ matters regarding use of product and product opportunities
- Maintains accurate sales reports, records, and files necessary for effective management of territory
- BS or MS in biochemistry, cell biology, or immunology; lab bench experience is a plus
- At least 2-4 years of demonstrated successful experience in bioreagent sales within academic institutes, biotech companies, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Driven and energetic individual with strong desire to excel and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to deliver technical presentations
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and customer focused; capable to resolve problems effectively and efficiently
- Experienced working for a startup or small sized company beneficial
- Must reside in California; greater San Diego or Bay area; possess a valid driver's license
- This is a full-time position traveling to customer locations and operating from home office; travel is approximately 50% of time including some domestic overnight travels and visits to headquarters near Munich, Germany
This is a great opportunity to develop and build a new territory! If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our website www.chromotek.com and submit your resume to application(at)chromotek(dot)com. Relocation assistance is not available.
ChromoTek is a pioneer and leading supplier for research tools that are based on a new class of antibodies - single domain camelid antibodies also known as Nanobodies. Our products simplify, accelerate and improve our customers’ research in Proteomics, Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Based on our proprietary alpaca antibody technology our products established new standards in performance, quality and validation and are set to outgrow the market. More than 6,600 customers globally trust in ChromoTek’s innovative tools. So far more than 1,600 peer reviewed scientific articles have been published, showing data that were generated using ChromoTek’s products.