Spot-Cap® is a Nanobody-based affinity resin optimized for one-step protein purification of Spot-tagged proteins.
More information about the Spot capture and detection tag here.
Spot-Tag sequence PDRVRAVSHWSS.
For immunoprecipitation (IP), Co-IP, Co-IP/MS use Spot-Trap
When use Spot-Cap? When use Spot-Trap? Click here.
One-step protein purification
High binding capacity
Multiple regeneration cycles
Effective elution at 4°C with Spot-peptide or pH shift
Spot Affinity Gel
Spot Affinity Matrix
|Product Spot-Cap™||Size 2 mL||Code eca-2||Price $ 1690||Buy +|
|Product Spot-Cap™ and peptide||Size 0.1 mL; 1 mg||Code eca-ep||Price $ 170||Buy +|
|Product Spot-peptide||Size 1 mg||Code ep-1||Price $ 85||Buy +|
|Product Spot-peptide||Size 10 mg||Code ep-10||Price $ 450||Buy +|
anti-Spot-Tag Nanobody (VHH) conjugated to agarose beads
10 mg protein (30 kDa) / 1 mL settled resin (340 nmol / 1 mL settled resin)
Spot-Tag sequence motif PDRVRAVSHWSS
0.1 mM Spot-peptide or 100 mM glycine pH 2.0 at 4°C
100 mM glycine pH 2.0
Batch and gravity flow
Matrix, particle size
4% agarose, 90 µm
pH range for purification
pH 4 - 11
1 M NaCl, 2 M Urea, 10 mM DTT, 10 mM ß-mercaptoethanol, 10 mM TCEP, 2% DDM, 2% NP-40, 2% Triton X-100
Shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt store at 4°C. Stable for one year.
- Economic: high binding capacity and multiple regeneration cycles
- Fast and gentle one-step purification at 4°C preserves protein stability and function
- Tight and highly selective binding of a single repeat Spot-Tag
- High specificity leads to minimal contamination of host cell proteins
- No contamination of antibody heavy and light chains
- One-step purification with high purity and yield reduces costs and efforts
- Constant high purification results over >5 regeneration cycles
- High binding capacity and high elution efficiency
- Effective elution at acidic conditions or with Spot-peptide in a concentration of just 0.1 mM. Other purification resins require high peptide concentration of up to 2 mM for elution.
- For any kind of protein, especially low expressed or sensitive proteins, membrane or secreted proteins, metalloproteins and multiple subunit protein complexes.
- Broad buffer compatibility and inert tag allow easy integration in experimental workflows
- Suitable for all commonly used expression hosts, e.g. bacteria, yeast, insect cells, and mammalian cells
- Engineered for optimal elution efficiency and high yield at 4°C in batch or gravity flow formats
Spot-Tag: Inert 12 amino acid peptide tag
- Sequence: PDRVRAVSHWSS (1.4 kDa)
- Short, flexible Spot-Tag preserves folding and function of fusion protein
- N- and C-terminal fusion for flexibility in cloning and protein expression
- No tag removal needed after purification because Spot-Tag is compatible to most biochemical assays
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!