The ChromoTek MBP-Trap is an affinity resin for immunoprecipitation of MBP fusion proteins. The MBP-Trap consists of an MBP Nanobody/ VHH coupled to agarose beads.
Maltose binding protein (MBP), E. coli
Immunoprecipitation (IP) / Co-IP
Mass spectrometry (MS)
On-bead enzyme assays
ChIP / RIP analysis
MBP VHH, MBP binding protein, MBP Nanobody or anti-MBP single domain antibody (sdAb)
Benefit from MBP-Trap for Pull-down/ Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- Immunoprecipitation of low abundant MBP-fusion proteins
- Significantly higher sensitivity than amylose resin and other affinity resins
- Strong binding under harsh washing conditions
Format/matrices & properties
We offer the MBP-Trap coupled to agarose beads or uncoupled as purified recombinant binding protein.
Extraordinary stable & reliable binding
- Dissociation constant KD of 4 nM
- Compatible to harsh wash conditions: 2 M urea, 2 M NaCl, 10 mM DTT, 2 % Nonidet P40 Substitute, 1 % Triton X-100
- Pulldown of MBP-fusion proteins expressed at low levels
- Applications validated and characterized
The 42 kDa Maltose-Binding Protein (MBP) from E. coli is a popular protein tag, which is commonly used as a protein tag for immunoprecipitation and affinity purification. MBP can prevent aggregation of the MBP-fusion protein and thus increase both its solubility and expression efficiency. MBP-tagged proteins may be used for protein-protein interaction assays and ELISA, too.
Find the MBP-Trap:
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!