Halo-Trap are affinity beads for immunoprecipitation of Halo-tag fusion proteins. ChromoTek’s Halo-Trap comprises a Halo Nanobody/ VHH coupled to agarose beads.
Immunoprecipitation (IP) / Co-IP
Mass spectrometry (MS)
Enzyme activity measurements
ChIP / RIP analysis
anti-Halo VHH, Halo Nanobody, Halo-binding protein or anti-Halo single domain antibody (sdAb)
Benefit from Halo-Trap for Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- Halo-Trap immunoprecipitates Halo-fusion proteins even when already covalently bound to Halo-ligands, i.e. after labelling etc.
- Halo-Trap can be used for affinity purification
- Bound Halo-fusion protein can be eluted without protease
- Structure and function are characterized
Format/matrices & properties
We offer the Halo-Trap coupled to agarose beads or uncoupled as purified recombinant binding protein Halo VHH.
Extraordinary stable & reliable binding
- Dissociation constant KD of 2 nM
- Compatible to the following wash conditions: 4 M urea, 1 M NaCl, 10 mM DTT, 2 % Nonidet P40 Substitute, 1 % Triton X-100
- Applications validated and characterized
Halo-Trap binds Halo fusion proteins no matter if covalently linked to Halo ligands such as dyes, biotin, etc.
Halo is a modified variant of a bacterial haloalkane dehalogenase enzyme from Rhodococcus rhodochrous and is designed to form a covalent bond with reactive chloroalkane-based ligands.
Find the Halo-Trap:
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!