The ChromoTek GST-Trap is a ready to use resin for immunoprecipitation/pulldown of GST fusion proteins.
The GST-Trap consists of a GST Nanobody /VHH coupled to agarose beads.
Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) from Schistosoma japonicum
Immunoprecipitation (IP) / Co-IP
Mass spectrometry (MS)
On-bead enzyme assays
ChIP / RIP analysis
GST VHH, anti-GST VHH, GST-Binding-Protein, GST Nanobody, or GST single domain antibody (sdAb)
Benefit from GST-Trap for Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- Effectively immunoprecipitates low expressed GST-fusion proteins
- Considerably higher affinity than glutathione cellulose and other affinity resins
- Strong binding even under harsh washing conditions
- No heavy & light chains in your downstream application
Format/matrices & properties
Extraordinary stable & reliable binding
- Dissociation constant KD of 1 nM
- Compatible to harsh wash conditions: 4 M urea, 2 M NaCl, 10 mM DTT, 2 % Nonidet P40 Substitute, 1 % Triton X-100
- Pulldown of GST-fusion proteins at low concentrations
- Fully applications validated and characterized
Glutathione S-Transferase (GST) from Schistosoma japonicum is a 220 aa (about 26 kDa) protein, which is commonly used as a protein tag for immunoprecipitation and affinity purification. GST may increase the solubility and expression level of the fusion protein (so-called solubilization tag). Furthermore, GST-tagged fusion proteins are used in protein-protein interaction assays. Applications require highly specific tools to isolate GST-fusion proteins.
Whitepaper & Application notes
Find the GST-Trap:
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!