Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH is an anti-rabbit IgG specific secondary antibody. It consists of of a mixture of 2 anti-rabbit Nanobodies that bind to rabbit IgG with high affinity & specificity. The product belongs to the Nano-SecondariesTM family.
Host: Alpaca-derived, recombinantly produced in bacteria
Specificity: Fab and Fc fragments of rabbit IgG
No cross-reactivity to: Mouse, rat, sheep, goat, and guinea pig serum
Cross-reactivity to: Human and macaque serum
Clonality: Biclonal, mixture of 2 monoclonal Nanobodies
Conjugates: Alexa Fluor® 488, 568, and 647
Fast one-step immunostaining
Simultaneous incubation of primary antibody and alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH
|Product Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, Alexa Fluor® 488||Size 10 µL||Code srbAF488-1-10||Price $ 100||Buy +|
|Product Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, Alexa Fluor® 488||Size 100 µL||Code srbAF488-1-100||Price $ 365||Buy +|
|Product Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, Alexa Fluor® 568||Size 10 µL||Code srbAF568-1-10||Price $ 100||Buy +|
|Product Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, Alexa Fluor® 568||Size 100 µL||Code srbAF568-1-100||Price $ 365||Buy +|
|Product Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, Alexa Fluor® 647||Size 10 µL||Code srbAF647-1-10||Price $ 100||Buy +|
|Product Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, Alexa Fluor® 647||Size 100 µL||Code srbAF647-1-100||Price $ 365||Buy +|
Secondary Nanobody respectively VHH
Rabbit; this Nanobody mixture recognizes Fab and Fc fragments of rabbit IgG
Alpaca single domain antibodies, monovalent
Alpaca-derived, recombinantly produced in bacteria
No cross-reactivity to mouse, rat, sheep, goat, and guinea pig IgG
Cross-reactivity to human and macaque IgG
Purified rabbit IgG
Biclonal: mixture of 2 monoclonal Nanobodies
Site-directed conjugation to Alexa Fluor 488, Alexa Fluor 568, Alexa Fluor 647
Super-resolution microscopy 1:1,000
Western blot 1:1,000
Optimal working concentration is application-dependent and should be determined by testing a dilution range from 1:250 to 1:2,000.
Note: Image acquisition time may have to be optimized.
Alpaca single domain antibody, VHH, Nanobody, binding domain of single domain antibody, Nano antibody
Application validated for immunofluorescence, SRM, and Western blotting
Determination of cross-reactivity, sequence, affinity, melting point, and degree of labeling (DOL)
VHH0244: KD = 0.2 nM, VHH0245: KD = 1.2 nM
Degree of labeling (DOL)
2 fluorophores per Nanobody
Recombinantly expressed and purified
Buffered aqueous solution
10 mM HEPES pH 7.0, 500 mM NaCl, 5 mM EDTA, Preservative: 0.09 % Sodium azide
0.5 g/ L
10 µL; 100 µL
Shipped at ambient temperature. Store at -20°C short term or -80°C long term. Aliquot upon delivery. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles. Stable for 6 months after arrival.
One-step Immunostaining with Nano-Secondaries (PDF)
- Reduced incubation and hands-on time because the Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH can be incubated together with the rabbit primary antibody
- Higher resolution imaging due to the Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHHs’ 10 times smaller size than conventional secondary antibodies. The small size enables better tissue penetration, antigen access and decreases the distance between the epitope and label.
- Cleaner Images: The Alpaca anti-mouse IgG, recombinant VHH has a high specificity and low background:
We select only VHHs with the desired specificity during development; VHHs that cross-react to other commonly used species’ IgGs are eliminated. Hence, ChromoTek's Nano-Secondaries have an extreme low background; any kind of pre-adsorption is not needed.
- Multiplexing: the Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH does not cross-react to other frequently used IgGs and makes multiplexing possible.
One-step immunostaining protocol saves time
ChromoTek’s Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH consists of monovalent Nanobodies with very high affinity. The monovalent Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH enables the simultaneous incubation together with rabbit primary antibodies.
This one-step immunostaining saves washing steps and incubation time. Simultaneous incubation also supports:
• tissue penetration, and
• cell staining for flow cytometry.
Of course, Nano-Secondaries can be used according to standard immunostaining protocols following a sequential incubation of primary and Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHH, too.
- Better tissue penetration and small epitope-label displacement for higher resolution
- High sensitivity: detection of low expressed epitopes via primary antibody
- High affinity reduces background
No cross-reactivity to IgGs of other frequently used species
The cross-reactivity of ChromoTek’s Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG Nano-Secondary has been carefully tested. It shows no cross-reactivity to mouse, rat, sheep, goat, and guinea pig serum. Cross-reactivity to human and macaque serum has been determined. Because of this high specificity our Nano-Secondaries do not require any kind of pre-adsorption.
Precise and reproducible staining
- Site specific binding of 4 Alpaca anti-rabbit IgG, recombinant VHHs per rabbit primary IgG antibody
- Stoichiometric labelling of 2 Alexa Fluor dyes per VHH respective Nanobody
- Fully characterized and validated
- Recombinantly produced, virtually without lot-to-lot variation
- Manufacturing process is totally animal free, though VHHs respective Nanobodies are generated from immunization of alpacas and llamas.
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!