The ChromoTek Myc-Trap® is an affinity resin for immunoprecipitation and purification of Myc-tagged proteins.
It comprises an anti-Myc-tag Nanobody/ VHH coupled to beads.
The Myc-Trap recognizes the Myc-tag sequence motif EQKLISEEDL at the N-terminus, C-terminus, or internal site of the fusion protein. The Myc-Trap does not bind endogenous c-myc.
Immunoprecipitation (IP) / Co-IP
Mass spectrometry (MS)
On-bead enzyme assays
ChIP/ RIP analysis
Myc Nanobody, anti-Myc VHH, Myc-binding protein or Myc single domain antibody fragment (sdAb)
Benefit from Myc-Trap for Immunoprecipitation (IP)
- Efficient immunoprecipitation of Myc-tag fusion proteins, low background
- No heavy & light antibody chains in downstream applications
- Easy elution of native proteins
- Harsh washing conditions
Format/matrices & properties
We offer the anti-Myc VHH coupled to agarose beads and magnetic agarose beads, or uncoupled as purified protein.
|Myc-Trap Agarose||Myc-Trap Magnetic Agarose|
|particle size||90 µm||40 µm|
|may be centrifuged up to||2,500 x g||800 x g|
Extraordinary stable & reliable binding
- Dissociation constant KD of 500 nM for 1x Myc
- Dissociation constant KD of 0.5 nM for 2x Myc
- Compatible to harsh wash conditions such as 2 M NaCl, 2 % Nonidet P40 Substitute
- Applications validated and characterized
The Myc-tag is derived from the human c-myc oncogene. It is a commonly used epitope tag to detect expression of recombinant proteins in bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cell systems. Myc-tag is also named c-myc tag.
The sequence motif is EQKLISEEDL.
Only for research applications, not for diagnostic or therapeutic use!