European Technical Sales Specialist
[Life Sciences] (m/f)
The European Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for managing the sales performance within the territory. S/He meets with customers on a regular basis. The European Technical Sales Specialist will sell ChromoTek’s leading life science research products. This is a field-based position with a focus on academic, government and industrial life science organizations with an initial attention on BeNeLux, France, Germany, Nordics, Switzerland, and UK. Reports to the VP Marketing and Sales.
- Develops sales to grow business within assigned territory to support company objectives and revenue goals
- Acquires new customers and builds customer base. Qualifies existing opportunities and generates leads. Contacts academic, government, and life science organizations that require ChromoTek products
- Conducts “white coat sales” and delivers technical seminar presentations featuring ChromoTek products and their applications. Runs technical demonstrations and provides front line technical support
- Works with customers to provide research solutions, typically collaborates with research laboratories/organization to solve problems using ChromoTek products
- Identifies and profiles key accounts while demonstrating the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers
- Negotiates pricing and prepares customer quotes
- Effectively communicates customers’ matters regarding use of product and product opportunities
- Maintains accurate sales reports, records, and files necessary for effective management of his/her territory. Prepares quarterly forecasts and reports to management on a monthly basis
- PhD respectively BS/MS in life sciences with several years of lab experience in protein (proteomic) and/or cell biology plus several years of relevant sales experiences; or equivalent
- Proven track record developing and growing accounts
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication talents; ability to deliver technical presentations
- Driven and energetic individual with strong desire to excel
- Excellent German and English language skills; additional language skills beneficial
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, capable of prioritizing, and customer focused character with effective and efficient problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations within the territory; travel is minimum 50% of time
- Must reside in Germany, preferably in commuting distance to international airport
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop and build a territory. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume including expected salary to application(at)chromotek(dot)com. Relocation assistance is not available.
ChromoTek develops unique and innovative tools for better life sciences research in Proteomics, High-Content & Live-Cell Analysis, and Super Resolution Microscopy. Our products simplify, accelerate and improve our customers’ research. Based on our proprietary Alpaca antibody technologies our products are set to outgrow the market by overcoming many of today‘s limitations. More than 5,000 customers globally trust in ChromoTek’s innovative tools. So far, more than 1,200 peer reviewed scientific articles have been published, showing data that were generated using ChromoTek’s products.